Thursday, July 14, 2005

More fun with blogs, though not specifically mine.

I've been cruising blogland for the last hour and a half or so and poking my nose into a few beauts and new ones and odd ones and doing my level best to avert my eyes from those with cutesy pie names since I don't want my keyboard covered with vomit.

Anyway, I've been leaving comments on some of them including one I found by the purest stroke of chance in the entire universe, the blog belonging to a beautiful woman who lives in Melbourne whom I've actually met outside of cyberspace.

Chocolate for Laura next time we're in the same room. She's one of the warmest, nicest and well, just really easy people to be around and I don't wrap many people that highly.

I feel sorry for the poor others on whose blogs I've left comments. Who the hell is ChatRat?

But I do these things. There are umpteen billion people in cyberspace and wherever you go, you are going to bump into someone you haven't met before - it's inevitable. If you're afraid of that, if you're only online to keep in touch with people you know, you're wasting your money. Get out there and meet as many people as you can.

I've had phone conversations with some ferkin fantastic people and met heaps of local netdwellers, none of which would have happened if I had kept myself to myself. My dad used the online dating services before he met his current squeeze. The possibilities are out there.

Not too much more gush, I know it's repellent.

I'm just doing my netizen duty getting out there and meeting fellow netizens and letting them know I've left my footprint.

Maybe others will pop in here, leave their footprints and efface the memory of the Coeur d'Alene blog bastard which got me re-blogging in the first place. Which reminds me, I really must get on and do something constructive with the Pad. I just have this feeling it could be a catalyst of sorts for something really fulcruminous.

In the meantime, if you're looking for some where to park your mouseclick, try The Promethean's Clubhouse.

I think it's possible to leave comments here if, in the course of trying to find out who the hell has been leaving these comments all over other people's blogs - if it's not, you can always email me. I love getting email from people I've amused or annoyed.

Chances are you found this place after googling my nick, keep looking and you should get my email addies or just click the email me links - that's why they're links.

In the meantime, have a look at my gift to the planet. I did it thinking of a friend of mine in Queensland, but the rest of the planet may as well share it. It's a Flash file that takes about 10 minutes to load if you're using dial up. Broadband apparently takes about 60 seconds.

It might not be that great, but it comes from the heart.

Then piss off and do something constructive.

No comments: